Editor-in-Chief: Dr. Michael S. Lew, Leiden University
ISSN: 2192-6611 (print version published by Springer)
ISSN: 2192-662X (electronic version by Springer)
Springer IJMIR webpage | Submissions
Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval (IJMIR) is a scholarly archival journal publishing original, peer-reviewed research contributions. Its editorial board strives to present the most important research results in areas within the field of multimedia information retrieval. Core areas include exploration, search, and mining in general collections of multimedia consisting of information from the WWW to scientific imaging to personal archives. Comprehensive review and survey papers that offer up new insights, and lay the foundations for further exploratory and experimental work, are also relevant. Relevant topics include
- Image and video retrieval - theory, algorithms, and systems
- Social media interaction and retrieval - collaborative filtering, social voting and ranking
- Music and audio retrieval - theory, algorithms, and systems
- Scientific and Bio-imaging - MRI, X-ray, ultrasound imaging analysis and retrieval
- Semantic learning - visual concept detection, object recognition, and tag learning
- Exploration of media archives - browsing, experiential computing
- Interfaces - multimedia exploration, visualization, query and retrieval
- Multimedia mining - life logs, WWW media mining, pervasive media analysis
- Interactive search - interactive learning and relevance feedback in multimedia retrieval
- Distributed and high performance media search - efficient and very large scale search
- Applications - preserving cultural heritage, 3D graphics models, etc.
- We aim for a fast decision time (less than 4 months for the initial decision, typically 6 weeks)
- There are no page charges in IJMIR.
- Papers are published on line in advance of print publication.
Springer statistics from 2013
- Acceptance rate for regular papers: ~23% (the real acceptance rate is lower (~18%) because Springer does not distinguish between invited and full peer reviewed papers in their calculation)
- Average final decision time for regular papers: ~85 days
Organization Editor-in-Chief Michael S. Lew Leiden University, The Netherlands Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Senior Editors Thomas S. Huang University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA Email: email@example.com Ramesh Jain University of California at Irvine, USA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Section Editors Erwin M. Bakker Leiden University, The Netherlands Mark Zhang SUNY Binghamton, USA Editorial Board Kiyo Aizawa University of Tokyo, Japan Alberto del Bimbo University of Florence, Italy Shih-Fu Chang Columbia University, USA Tat-Seng Chua National University of Singapore, Singapore Peter Enser University of Brighton, UK Alan Hanjalic Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands Richard Harvey University of East Anglia, UK Horace Ip City University of Hong Kong, China Corinne Jorgensen Florida State University, USA Joemon Jose University of Glasgow, UK Ying Li IBM Research Paul Lewis University of Southampton, UK S. Marchand-Maillet University of Geneva, Switzerland Stefanie Nowak Hella Aglaia Mobile Vision GmbH, Berlin, Germany Vincent Oria New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA Stefan Rueger Knowledge Media Institute, UK Yong Rui Microsoft Research Shin'ichi Satoh National Institute of Informatics, Japan Markus Schedl Johannes Kepler University, Austria